My period is 1 day late i had unprotected sex 9days to my due date and 5days to ma due date i took an emergency contraceptive. I don't know if i am pregnant.

By Anonymous February 14, 2015 - 10:47pm

Hello and than you for sharing. I'd like to sharing with you how EC works.

EC must be taken within 24 hours of having intercourse in order to be 95% effective.  When taken 24 to 72 hours after the effectiveness reduces to 89%.  Since you took it 4 days after having intercourse, the pill would not be very effective.  

The only way the know whether or not you are pregnant however, is by taking a pregnancy test.  The best time to take one is a week after a missed or irregular period.