my period

By Anonymous December 15, 2015 - 9:30am

Hello I have been on my period for 6 weeks now and went to see my gp. He gave me a pregnancy test and it was negative. He then prescribed me 7 days supply of Tranexamic Acid tablets. However I am still on my period. I am basically anemic due to the loss of blood and I'm so tired and cold. Any clues?

Thank you for your question!

Tranexamic is, in your case, used to correct heavy periods. What it's supposed to do is decrease the amount of bleeding during periods but it doesn't stop the actual bleeding.

I would return to your doctor and ask for a full hormonal workup to see why you are bleeding so much and without a break. This is not normal; it sounds like something may be wrong with your hormonal system, since this dictates your menstrual cycle.
Good luck and keep us posted!