My period is 16 days late negative pregnancy tests. Help!

By December 28, 2015 - 6:59am

Ok so my boyfriend and I are hoping for a baby. We have sex regularly and aren't using any contraceptives. I track my period, ovulation days, and even my fertile days with an app so we pin point the days we have sex the most. I am now 16 days late and have taken two hpts that came up negative and also I've had blood and urine taken in the er a few weeks back which were also negative. My boyfriend has be throwing up, eating a lot and sleeping. I too have been doing the exact same thing. I also crave weird things like pickles and applesauce mixed together. Or cornstarch, or fried fish. I had a little spotting at the beginning of the month which was off and on but only noticeable when wiping. As of the past two weeks I haven't had any more spotting. December is almost over on 3 days which means I have just about missed this entire month of a period. My last period was November 12th and even that didn't last my whole 7 days. I bled about four days and that was it. But I haven't gotten a period for december at all. I get sad each time I see and hear the word negative. I also have some whitish discharge that reminds me of the cervical fluid I usually get when when I am pregnant. By the way I have been pregnant three times and had one miscarriage. Anywho I don't mean to write a book but I am hoping to get some answers. I think doctors should just do an ultrasound to see. I'm very small so maybe that has something to do with why the tests aren't showing up positive yet. I'm just going crazy each day I wake up and go to sleep and still no period. Please someone give me some kind of hope OR answers. I'd be more than grateful.

Well I have been a little late before but only by a day or two. Today makes it 17 days now of no period. My first pregnancy I missed a whole month before realizing I was pregnant. With my miscarriage I was 22 weeks along and I never got an explanation as to what caused my water to break so soon. With my youngest born I immediately knew I was pregnant and was about 5-6 weeks along when doctors confirmed. I am not sure as to when I conceived because my boyfriend and I have sex often. I don't know if I'm testing to earlier or if my hcg levels aren't high enough to be picked up on a test yet. I mean we have sex like rabbits just because we want another baby. I don't get how could it not be pregnancy. 17 days late but negative tests? Weird right?

Anonymous (reply to LovePink93)

Yes it's very weird

Hi, My period is 15 days late it came on Nov 14-20 I had sex on Nov 21 and 22 and then on Nov 27 and 28 it was suppose to come Dec 14 because I'm regular and it still haven't came yet I been having lower back pain, swollen and sore breast and I also use the restroom more and eat more than usually but I took a test this evening and it came back negative. Could I be pregnant ? and should I wait until the morning time to take another test ?

(reply to Anonymous)

Hi anon, I am the person that originally started this thread and I have to tell you I too am having the same symptoms. Only difference is I get nauseous and dizzy as well as eating more, sleeping more and my boyfriend sometimes gets the "morning sickness" as well. I am now 17 days late have done 4 pregnancy tests and they all say negative. I believe we are pregnant but I can't explain why its not being shown on Amy tests.

Hello LovePink93,

Welcome to the EmpowHER community. Thank you for reaching out to us for support

I can appreciate how you must be feeling right now. Do you have a history of irregular menstrual cycles? With your previous pregnancies, when did you get a positive pregnancy test result? Was it after missing one period or two? What was the cause of the miscarriage?

I can only suggest if you do not get a period in January, contact your gynecologist again. An ultrasound and further blood tests, possibly a repeat blood pregnancy test and test to check hormone levels, may be ordered.

Please keep us updated.