My period was supposed to start on the 26 of September. I had unprotected sex on the 25 of September. My period hasn't started yet and I'm worried. What should I do?

Thanks for reaching out to us with your concerns.

There is no real "safe" time to have unprotected sex since the body can suddenly ovulate irregularly. But the safest time to have sex in this manner is probably right before your period is due which is what you did. Pregnancy at this time of the month would be rare.

Additionally, actual pregnancy doesn't occur for at least 5 days after sex so a pregnancy test wouldn't be viable right now. A test only works 2-3 weeks after sex.

It's very likely you're period will be along soon but if it doesn't, you can test in a few weeks.

Thank you for the advice. I did take an emergency contraceptive earlier today, but I'm still a little worried.