Nasal Polyps

Nasal Polyps Guide

ask: Nasal polops

My polops have returned again after 3 surgeries. They came back and i am due to have them removed. Can't smell or taste. How do I prevent them from coming back?
I use saline3 or 4 times a day. What can i do? Thank you. Elaine

I am sorry to hear that you need to undergo surgery again.

Here is information on nasal polyps, and I would be interested to hear if your doctor has recommended/suggested any other prevention methods.

Prevention
There are no guidelines for preventing nasal polyps because the cause is not known. But there are several things you can do to reduce your chances of developing nasal polyps:

* For a stuffy or runny nose, use a preservative-free saline spray. This helps reduce irritation in the sinuses.
* If you have hay fever or another allergy, see your doctor for treatment. Avoid the substance that causes your allergy.
* If you have asthma or frequent sinus infections, take your medications as your doctor suggests.
* If you have aspirin sensitivity, avoid all medications that contain aspirin.

Does the thought of doing your taxes stress you out?
Absolutely.
20%
A little.
20%
No, I just get it done and over with.
40%
I don't earn enough to owe any money.
10%
Not much. I pay the experts to do them for me.
10%
Total: 10 Votes