natural progesterone

So i started on natural progesterone compounded 25mg at night however it has worked wonders for my sex life but as far as my weight it has gone up. I eat so healthy and exercise 6 days a week . i just started it right after christmas you have to takew it the 15th days after your cycle for 15 days. I cant stand the weight gain it has given me. I go see an ogbyn feb 8th and hoping she will have answers about it. I have some anxiety, horrible cycles, bleeding bad, insomina, night sweats. it all started after the birth of my second child in which i had a tubal ligation. I saw a holistic bisodentical dr that cost my husband and i 4000 dollars and its 500 everytime i go back. I cant afford it and she wont even answer questions without getting paid 250 over the phone. i dont understand any of this. my doctor is putting me on a new anti anxiety med starting today.

Thank you for reaching out to us - I'm sorry you aren't getting the results you are looking for.

Progesterone can cause weight gain. Sometimes you have to choose between some weight gain and feeling better or vice versa. But it's very unfair to gain weight, especially if you don't even get the pleasure of eating!

Lower levels can decrease your risk of weight gain. You may need to tweak your dosage.

I think you should talk to your regular GYN about your options. Your costs seem very large to see your current doctor and $250 for every phone consultation is a rip-off; you shouldn't have to pay these prices. When you talk to your GYN, ask about your options; they have lots of information about natural methods too. Also remember that progesterone is linked to causing depression. I do hope you can find a regime that works well for you. Please keep us posted on how things go.