Is this normal?

By May 11, 2015 - 3:18pm

I'm 15 years old, and I'm almost 16 years old, I'm 217 pounds, I haven't had a normal period since I was in grade 7, But I did was off for over a year, and back in November, I came on for a week. Then, December, I was on for two weeks (light) and in January, I was on for two weeks, and half (two weeks light, and one week light/heavy) I finally went to the doctor about my periods, they put me on Birth Control to regulate, my periods. I took my three weeks, and now i'm on the white pills, in the 28 pack, which I don't need to take for sugar pills. I came on my period on Friday, (I had light cramping, fgured it was something i ate) but I came on. I've had crammps, and bad stomach, since Friday. I'm on VERY heavy. Like, it's been the worse I've ever been on. I'm assuming, the pills made me come on, I don't know if I should be worried if it's heavy or not. All my family as heavy periods. My doctor said, if I am on over a week, it's where I am ottnot regular. But, even when I go to pee, blood drips down in the toilet, that's normal, i'm assuming. But, shoudl I be worried, where I still have cramping, and i have heavy bleedng on period? thanks.

Thanks a lot.
I think it's still heavy, but it seems like it's lighten up a bit, I stll get cramps, but isn't so bad.
Yes, I am trying! I don't know if it's working much, I think I've lost maybe 5 pounds, in the last month and half. Which isn't much, but it's a start. Like my doctor said! lol

Hi Kendallandrews

Thanks for your post. 

A very irregular cycle can be very well regulated by birth control pills but you may still get heavy periods. It may be genetic, as with you, or some women have very heavy periods after having children. 

This may be something you just have to put up with every month and I am sorry to say that - I know how awful it can be.  And the dread before your cycle starts. 

Give yourself another few days on your period to see if it settles down and starts to finish up.  Since you are new on the Pill, it can take a few months to see some good results. 

Losing weight can also help with this - are you working on this goal?