Nuvaring/withdraw bleeding

By Anonymous December 2, 2014 - 2:14pm

Ok. So i took my nuvaring out on the 17th of November I was a little late in taking it out but I bleed for a couple days then but my ring back in on the 24th then on the 26th of November I had sex and found out that my ring had fell out I found it the next day on the bed and he also went inside of me, I didn't put the ring back in because I didn't know if it was safe or not. Now since the 28th of November I have been bleeding not just spotting but heavily and bad cramping. Is this normal and should I worry about being pregnant ? Thanks

Thanks for your post and welcome!

There is a risk of pregnancy due to not using anything at all but since you are bleeding now, I don't think your risk is high at all

What you are experiencing sounds like a full on period because there are no regulating hormones in your system at all.

You can take a test for pregnancy about 14 days after you had unprotected sex but for now, talk to your doctor about when is a good time to reinsert your ring. 

Thank you. It's finally slowing down today but the major cramps are getting worse and I can't believe how tired I am it's freaking me out even worse. I just moved to a different area so I don't have a doctor here yet. I guess I can wait and take a test!
Thanks again