orange period blood

im having my period for the second time this month. The first time was brown,watery and goopy. Now is is heavy, very painful and kinda a funny color. Has a bit of orange-ness to it.

That's a very heavy period indeed. That happened to me after I had my first child - I was worried I was having a miscarriage (I was not).

Do you think this is what it could be? It may be just a very heavy period that can happen out of the blue, for no particular reason, or it could be a miscarriage. Up to one third of pregnancies can end in miscarriage and some women mistake them for a very heavy period. I hope it's not the case (it probably isn't) but I just want to go over the possibilities.

It is not a miscarriage, i was in the ER on sunday and they said my blood test was negative.

Hi AmyLei

Thanks for your question. It sounds like your first period was old blood and your current period is new blood. Is this a common occurrence for you?
Do you normally have painful periods? Are they normally irregular like this?

yes they are always painful, no they are usually pertty normal. Last year i have 2 periods in one month twice. But this one is different, it is soooo heavy that i soak through a super tampon in like 2 hours and its not just opps gotta change it, its like running down my leg so heavy.