Ovarian cyst

Hi
I have diagnosed as having a " simple " cyst.
I am 57 years old.
My CA 125 is classed as normal at 27
And, my follow up is to have another ultrasound in 4 -6 weeks.
My main concern is the absolute agony of pain I have in my left side ( where the cyst is located ) is excruciating painful.
I am struggling at work, and crying with the insufferable inconvenience of the onset of pain.
I also have a kidney stone which is in the process of hopefully being removed.

But the urologist will not do this, until the cyst has been dealt with !
I am truly in a catch 22 situation and don't know where to go from here ?!
Is the pain from the cyst or the kidney stone ?
It's like the chicken or the egg scenario !
What comes first ?!
Can you please help ?
As, I am at my wit's end !
The doctor states that they have received no communication from a gynecologist.
Thank you in advance anticipation of a reply.

Thanks for reaching out to us and I'm sorry you're in so much pain. My appendix burst and I had gallstones so I appreciate your pain; it's just awful.

I would certainly hit the gas pedal on this one. We cannot say which came first or which is hurting most - the stones or the cyst -both can cause pain but stones are pretty brutal. But since your pain is where your cyst is located, it's more likely that. A burst or bursting cyst is also excruciating.

My advice is to call your gynecologist straight away and ask for immediate action. To be in this pain for a further 4-6 weeks is not something most doctors would ask of themselves so you should not be asked to wait this time out either. 4-6 weeks is abysmally long when the pain is great.

Please call your doctor to see what can be done about removing this cyst straight away so you can then work on getting the kidney stone removed. Be assertive! I'm very polite but very assertive with doctors when I feel they're not working with me and it works! Doctors are working with you and for you, don't forget that!

Please keep us posted.

Ovarian Cysts

Ovarian Cysts Guide