Period is 10 days early, extremely unusual

By October 13, 2015 - 3:59pm

My period is always on time, i can track it up to the hour even. However this month it is 10 days early. Last month i missed a couple pills and my period never came i took several pregnancy test and took a blood test and it was all negative. this month i have missed most of my pills, simply forgot with being in college full time and working as well. I have also been dealing with my estranged parents. I am 24 years old and like i said never had an odd period, i realize this is my fault and take full responsibility. Anyway my husband and i had sex last night and almost right after started bleeding light pink, this morning it started full blown dark red and clotting, just a couple hours ago it seems to be stopping it is a light brown color now. I am also having period type cramping but that has been going on for about a week. I know that it is probably just a combination of stress and hormone inbalance but was just wondering if anyone could give me a better idea of what on earth is going on. it would really be appreciated. Thank you

Hi Leah!

Stress can certainly change the menstrual cycle but you said that you missed most of your pills this month - this is why you are bleeding.

You need to get back on a schedule. Talk to your doctor or a pharmacist about when to start your next pack of pills. Stress is a part of everyday life, it's one pill a day. Putting a daily alarm on your phone will help you remember to take them every day. If you don't want to get pregnant right now, the last thing you want is to get pregnant.