Period came very early

So my average cycle length is really long at about 45 days, sometimes more, sometimes less. I've had my period for 2 years and it's always been quite irregular. Today I started my period but it is two weeks early. My last period started on the 26th of June. According to my period tracker I am suppose to be ovulating right now. I'm just confused to why it's come early. My cycle length has been around 30 days before but not for a long time. I also always get cramps when on my period but so far I've had no pain at all. Is there something wrong?

Thanks for writing to EmpowHER.

It's doubtful anything is wrong. You must be quite young if you've had periods for only two years and sometimes these early years can be quite irregular - and you say this has been the case anyway.

A 45 day cycle is not a normal cycle. A normal cycle is considered 21-35 days. If you are two weeks early your cycle may be slowly adjusting to a more normal cycle. This could take another year or more.

As far as cramps, there can be a month out of the blue where cramps don't happen. It can depend on your hormone levels at the time.

If you still have concerns, mention this change in your cycle to your doctor on your next visit and track your dates from now on to see what's developing.