Period help please.

By Anonymous December 4, 2015 - 2:13am

I've had a normal period for the passed few months. My period was due around the 24-26th and it's still not here. I just started feeling light cramps and twitching in my lower abdomen as if it were going to start, but nothing is happening. I've taken two tests in the passed three days. I don't know what to do. I'm very light headed, no appetite, tired all of the time, so bad I slept three hours passed my time to go in to work. If someone has some info it'd be much appreciated.

Thank you for contacting EmpowHER!

Periods can be delayed for reasons other than pregnancy. Since you have taken three tests and they are all negative, it's not likely you're pregnant (but we can't exclude it).

You may have a virus that's making you unwell or you may have a hormonal imbalance. I do think it's a good idea to see a doctor for your symptoms and I also suggest you ask for a blood pregnancy test to get proper confirmation either way.

I hope you feel better soon,