Am a lady aged 23 and I have missed my periods for about 4months now.
I have white discharge and watery stuff coming out of my private part feeling like periods but they are not. I have gone to 3 different hospitals and it's negative. I have tested home as well but all negative. what can be the problem, please help.

Welcome to EmpowHER. Thank you for reaching out to us with your concern about not having a period for four months.

Amenorrhea is the absence of menstruation — one or more missed menstrual periods. Women who have missed at least three menstrual periods in a row have amenorrhea, as do girls who haven't begun menstruation by age 15.

The most common cause of amenorrhea is pregnancy. Other causes of amenorrhea include problems with the reproductive organs or with the glands that help regulate hormone levels. Treatment of the underlying condition often resolves amenorrhea.

Certain medications can cause menstrual periods to stop, including some types of:

Cancer chemotherapy
Blood pressure drugs
Allergy medications

Lifestyle causes include low body weight, excessive exercising and mental stress.
Hormonal imbalances, such as polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), both hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism, and a pituitary gland tumor can cause amenorrhea.

Call to schedule an appointment with a gynecologist, who can order any necessary blood tests and diagnostic imaging studies to determine the cause.

Please keep us updated,

Amenorrhea Guide