Plan A failed, is Plan B recommended?

Hi there,

I am a woman in her mid twenties and am still a virgin. I am in need of some advice regarding an unfortunate encounter I had Saturday night. My partner and I got rather intimate and stepped way out of our usual and talked about boundaries. We have never had sex and our saving ourselves for marriage and I am not on any birth control. He fingered me and I gave him a hand job and I noticed pre-ejaculate fluid. About another 45 minutes into it, our genatalia made contact for a brief 3-5 minutes where his penis made contact with my vagina. Afterwards, we realized that we went way too far and this is mistake not soon to be repeated. My partner never did ejaculate and peed often before we even became intimate that night. I have read that the chances of becoming pregnant due to pre-ejaculation coming into contact like that is highly unlikely, but I am still worried that it may happen.

We both understand that our actions were completely irresponsible and we plan not to be even in this realm of activity for quite a while. We have both looked into Plan B and it has still only been 41 hours since the encounter.

Does our situation qualify for taking Plan B and would it be recommended that I take it?

I appreciate your time.

Thank you.

Thanks for reaching out to EmpowHER with your concerns.

3-5 minutes of genital to genital contact is not brief at all. But if there was no ejaculation of any kind then pregnancy cannot happen. It sounds like you might need a little help with sex education so check out our Sex 101 section here: http://www.empowher.com/condition/sex-101

Whether to take EC or not is your choice. You can read all about it here, including how it works and possible side effects: http://www.empowher.com/birth-control/content/facts-about-emergency-contraceptive-pills