please help me

By April 30, 2010 - 2:50am

well im 19 years old and im having troble with my period. it started about september my period didnt come on for months then it came on in january and lasted for 2weeks.then it went off for 2 weeks.then it came on again in march and has been on ever since(2months).there is clotting but i dont feel any pain, and i know the smart thing to do is go to the doctor but im afraid of the doctor and dont want to go there unless i possibly have to. please help me

Thank you so much for your question and welcome!

I have to tell you that you do need to see a doctor about this. There is no possible way to tell you what's going on.

It's likely you need a pelvic exam, perhaps other exams, as well as your hormones checked into order to figure out what's happening and why. The faster you can get this done, the faster this can be fixed, whether by medication or other means.

I see that this has been going for nearly 8 months. If everything was fine, beforehand (that's true, correct?) then your health care provider needs to start tests to help you get better.

Will you make an appointment and let us know the outcome?