Please help me, Is there any chance of getting pregnant after taking an Ipill?

By Anonymous April 6, 2016 - 12:25am

I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend on 31st March,2016. It is the first time. I immediately took an ipill within an hour. I had my last periods on 26th march that lasted for four days. Yesterday (05.04.2016) I had protected (with condom) sex with him again. Now today I see some blood though my due date is far. Is there any chance I got pregnant. What should I do?

Welcome to EmpowHER. Thank you for reaching out to us for advice.

There is nothing more for you to do.

I pill prevents pregnancy by preventing ovulation, If your last period started on March 26, lasted four days and ended on March 29, it was too early for ovulation to happen when you had intercourse on March 31.

Generally, ovulation occurs between day 11 to day 21 of the new menstrual cycle, counting from the first day of the last menstrual period.

The bleeding was caused by taking the pill.

Some women experience changes in their menstrual cycle as a side effect. Your next period might start when expected or be earlier or later. You may notice a lighter or heavier flow.