pms boils

By Anonymous April 1, 2015 - 6:36pm

I'm 30 and for the past few years every month I get boil like balls on my butt inner legs thighs that hurt so bad get so hard purple swollen I'm tiered of it doctors are stupid from were I'm from please help me I've gotten to the point were I just wanna get a knife and cut it out ughh

Thank you for your question and for finding EmpowHER. Here is information about treatment and prevention of boils from EmpowHER's condition encyclopedia:

Your doctor can drain the boil if necessary and treat the infection with antibiotics.

Home treatment may include:
Warm Compresses - Apply warm compresses to the boil for 20 minutes, 3-4 times a day. Depending on the area of the body affected, you may be able to soak the boil in warm water. These measures can ease the pain and help bring the pus to the surface. Once the boil comes to a head, repeated soakings will help the boil begin to drain.

Lancing the Boil - Do not pop or lance the boil yourself. This can spread the infection and make it worse. If the boil does not drain on its own or it is very large, you may need to have it drained or lanced by your doctor.

Cleaning and Bandaging - Whether the boil drains on its own or was lanced by a doctor, you must keep it clean. Wash it with antibacterial soap and apply a medicated ointment and bandage. Clean the affected area 2-3 times a day until the wound heals completely.

To help prevent boils:
- Practice good hygiene. Wash boil-prone areas with soap and water or an antibacterial soap. Dry thoroughly.
- Clean and treat any minor skin wounds.
- Avoid clothing that is too tight.

For more information, check out this link: Boils Information

Boils Guide