i had Pneumothorax i got a chest tube inserted and now its out its been about a week ive been on pain meds for the pain and wonderin how long till i fully recover cus im still hurting

I saw this was an old post unanswered, but I thought I'd contribute to anyone who is looking for more info:

I am currently recovering from a Spontaneous Pneumothorax. When I was discharged they gave me a 4 to 6 week expected recovery time. I am on week 3 and I am only feeling a bruised on my rib. I get tired still- but from week to week I see amazing results. However don't be fooled by how great you feel- the muscles still need time to repair inside.
I just walk every morning for my exercise. But I guess it differs from patient to patient. Just listen to your body and don't get to ahead of yourself.

Thank you for your question!

I'm sorry you had this lung issues to deal with; I hope your recovery is fast.

However, your pain sounds fairly normal since it has only been a week. Some people take some time to recover from certain medical procedures like being on a drip, having constant IVs in or having gone though a procedure that involves draining, tube insertions or the like.

Please contact your doctor to see how long this pain is to be expected. It should have ended by now and you may need to checked over for another cause for this pain, or you may have another week or two for the discomfort to end.

Will you keep us updated?

Pneumothorax Guide