Post Sex concerns

I understand if this question has been asked often, but I just wanted to share my experience. I've been taking BC pills for 6 years (use to be Ortho-Tri lo, but switched to Trinessa for insurance purposes), and have been faithful at taking them every night, roughly around the same time.. maybe an hour or so later. I'm guilty of missing a pill now and then, but the most it happens is maybe once every new cycle. Also, let it be noted that I've never once missed a period, even before taking BC (which I did for medical reasons).

So I finally had sex for my first time 4 days ago, and I'm currently in panic mode. Everything is so new and foreign, and I'm worried I may become pregnant. We did have unprotected sex, which was foolish and will not happen again. I considered Plan B pill, but was informed that it was unnecessary if I'm already on BC.
I'm a little sore, have had light pink spotting (very minor and maybe once a day I see it), there was a decent amount of blood the first time I used the bathroom, and some discharge occasionally. It also feels like my lower abdomen is heavy, and a little gassy. No pains or cramping.
I've scheduled an appointment with my doctor, but I've been panicking and would love some opinions. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

Some women bleed or feel discomfort after having sex for the first time so this is likely what's going on. There is no need to take emergency contraceptives - you are going to have to trust the pill or you'll be wondering if you're pregnant every month like half our readers!

Are you seeing a doctor due to the bleeding? I'm sure it's due to sex being new to you. Keep us posted on how things go. Unless you know your partner has been tested (and there is no test for HPV for males) you should be using a condom. Many men don't even know they have STD's and think that means they're "clean".
Your risk of pregnancy is less than 1%.