By August 24, 2016 - 1:14am

I had sex with my bf on Thursday night 18th of August although he didn't cm inside of me but on top of my body and we later had sex on Friday night still didn't cm inside but on my body , I took postinor 2 contraceptive on Saturday morning just to be careful and am to see my period 26th of august wanna know if I will get pregnant or not

Hi francfrance.aleke

Emergency contraceptives are up to 95% effective for women under 176 pounds (it is less effective for women over 165 pounds and ineffective for women over 176 pounds) when taken as prescribed within the first 24 hours, so your risk is very small. Side effects can include stomach aches, headaches, nausea and a general feeling of being unwell. Symptoms usually start 3-7 days after taking the medication and may or may not include bleeding. If you don’t get your next period within a week of it’s expected date, a pregnancy test may be necessary although the risk is very low, especially since there was no ejaculation.

Read more here: http://www.empowher.com/birth-control/content/facts-about-emergency-cont...