By September 14, 2016 - 12:40am

I and my husband had unsafe sex eight days prior to my period which is due on 15 September. is there a chance of pregnancy? if it is it will be my second pregnancy. how early can i come to know about it? please guide me.

Hi Aiju

A woman generally ovulates mid-month. If she has a regular cycle that is about 28 days then that would mean about day 14. Therefore day 20 (8 days before a period is due, give or take) is a bit late and pregnancy less likely to happen.

Read more about ovulation and pregnancy here: http://www.empowher.com/infertility-fertility/content/whats-ovulation-have-do-pregnancy

In terms of pregnancy test, an early pregnancy test can be used up to 5 days before your period is due but the closer you wait to your due date, the more accurate it can be. Pregnancy tests are about 99% accurate when taken correctly.

I hope this helps and good luck!

hello thanks for your kind reply. i have heard and read that ten days prior to the period chances are likely to get pregnant if unsafe sex takes place and also if both male female reaches the orgasm at the same time chances are there too. was my knowledge incomplete on this? please suggest.

HERWriter Guide (reply to Aiju)

Hello again!

No, as the link I gave you says, you are better to have sex 10 days AFTER the first day of you period to day 20 or so. So have sex every other day from day 10 to day 20.

Also, a man has to orgasm to release sperm to get a woman pregnant. A woman does not have to orgasm at all and both having an orgasm at the same time has nothing to do with pregnancy.

Please read the link I gave you for more information.