Pregnancy scare

By Anonymous April 29, 2016 - 10:15am

I'm really worried about being pregnant, I just wanna know what the likelihood is. So last Saturday me and my boyfriend decided to have sex for the first time. We used a condom but the thought occurred to be that it could be possible that while putting the condom on, some precm got on the outside of it. He had a lot of precm leaking out of his penis while putting the condom on. Also, when we were doing it, his penis didn't go very far in as I was still I virgin. The tip only just went in. He did not ejaculate throughout the whole process. I am 99% I was ovulating on the day o had sex. I had watery white discharge. So He obviously wasn't satisfied with sex as it didn't fit in so we stopped and I gave him oral instead and he came. He said he peed after twice but I'm not sure he did. We had a second try at sex and we used a condom again and no ejaculation occurred. As well as the penis still not going in far. I also was concerned that some precm got on the comdom that time too, especially because he had cm from the blowjob previously meaning sperm could have been in the precm. We checked both condoms for holes and didn't find any afterwards tho. But I am still very anxious that some precm could have got on the outside of the condom tho-so I decided to take ellaOne emergency contraceptive which is able to be taken up to 120 hours after sex( it was NOT the pill which has to be taken within 72 hours) so I took it about 79 hours after sex. Will that have been effective? I'm just still really worried and I'm scared that when I get my period I will carry on worrying due to thinking that it's a side effect from the pill-vaginal bleeding. And A pregnancy test probably won't put my mind at ease as you can get false positives. I'm just so stressed right now and I just want it all to end. My period is due in 5 days.

Thanks for your post.

I helped you on this question already this week and the answers remain the same-

I don't think you have any need to worry - even if there was pre-ejaculate, you took emergency contraception which is up to 95% effective when taken within 24 hours.

The pill you took EllaOne - still should be taken within 24 hours for maximum effect (95%) - you took it three days later which means your risk is higher. Since you used condoms and they didn't break, you really don't have much of a risk.

Since your period is due in 5 days, wait a week to take a test if your period doesn't arrive. False positives are exceedingly rare - a bad test is not something you should worry about - pregnancy tests are about 99% accurate.

Don't overthink all this, just try to relax and let things happen naturally. There isn't anything else you can do.

Please contact your doctor if you have further questions.

Read more here: http://www.empowher.com/birth-control/content/facts-about-emergency-contraceptive-pills