By June 24, 2009 - 7:08am

i had sex with my husband on april 26, he came inside of me but it kind of run out of me. i had my period 3 days later (apr 29) and i havent see it since, i take a pregnancy test every week and so far it comes negative.. could it be that im too paranoid/xtress over it and thats why my period havent come down yet ?

Hi Sobe

Thanks for your question and welcome to Empowher!

All sperm comes back out of a woman's body in the days after sex (except one, if conception occurs!) so this is natural.

If you had your period since then, it's likely you are not pregnant although we can't say this for sure, of course. It depends on whether you have used protection since your last period.

And yes, you are correct - stress and anxiety can upset a woman's natural menstrual cycle.

Are you using protection/birth control? What method are you using? Is pregnancy something you are ok with?