Hi i'm 22 years old, i haven't had my period is over 8 months! I went to the doctor he said he cant really help me cause he dose not take my insurance, i haven't got a new doctor cause i been busy. I'm not on any type of birth control. They guy i'm taking to and i use the "pull out " method, i know not responsible, anyways i haven't had a in about 8 months so on January 8th i noticed when i wiped i had a little blood super light noting when i peed only when i wiped so i assumed my period was finally going to start, when they day went on it stopped, so they next day i expected my period nothing was there not even when i wiped but when the day went on there was a brownish pinkish blood only when i wipe two more days went by and it was the same thing no blood on my underwear nothing, then after those 4 day i stopped bleeding completely, was that a period or can i be pregnant? i haven't felt sick or anything nor have i took a pregnancy test, i remember when i did have a period a long time ago it was always heavy, i would cramp the first day n then my period would start. please help. i don't know whats going on!

If you were pregnant you'd be 8 months along and definitely showing so I doubt you are. But since you are having unprotected sex, you really should take a pregnancy test.  Why have you not taken a test?

If it's negative then you need to find out why your period is so irregular. You may have a condition called PCOS - this is a hormonal disorder that can cause a lack of periods, as well as facial hair, weight gain etc. Have you noticed any of these symptoms? 

You can read more on PCOS here: 

Anon, it's important to find a doctor who accepts your insurance to see what's going on. 

Hi Susan, What i meant was i haven't had a period in that long but out of know where i was having blood when i wiped, could that have been spotting? like implantation bleeding? I think i read if you haven't had your period in a long time you cant get pregnant, so when i seen a little pink bleeding when i wiped it concerned me i thought maybe its my period coming finally but i think this was a little to light to be a period! I haven't took a test because this has never been a problem me bleeding/ spotting! The only symptom i can think of that i have got is weight gain and lack of periods so maybe i do have PCOS, my next goal is to find a new doctor i just been super busy and don't really have time! Hope to here from you!

Hi again! 

Since you don't have periods, you are not ovulating so pregnancy may not be possible. However, if you ovualted out of the blue and then had sex, you could be.  You have no cycle to speak of so it's impossible to say what this bleeding was. 

Anon, we are all busy - you need to make time to find a new doctor. I think it's important that you get an evaluation, otherwise everything will just be a guessing game.