I Had unprotected sex with withdrawal on day18 of 24/25 day regular cycle. Took p2 about 60hrs later. My period is 2 days late. I'm very worried about being preg. I have my usual PMS breast soreness. No other symptoms. What are my chances of pregnancy? Should I be worried? How long should I wait for period to come. Please advise.

Hello Anon!

Emergency contraceptives are up to 95% effective for women under 176 pounds (it is less effective for women over 165 pounds and ineffective for women over 176 pounds) when taken as prescribed within the first 24 hours. Since you waited 60 hours, your risk is a bit higher but still low.

Side effects can include stomach aches, headaches, nausea and a generally feeling of being unwell. Symptoms usually start 3-7 days after taking the medication and may or may not include bleeding. If you don’t get your next period within a week of it’s expected date, a pregnancy test may be necessary although the risk is very low.
Read more here: http://www.empowher.com/birth-control/content/facts-about-emergency-cont...