pregnant?

By October 6, 2016 - 4:41pm

My last period was on August 28. I had unprotected sex on September 24, but he did not ejaculate. It is now October 6 and I have not gotten my period. I wouldn't be a bad thing if I'm pregnant, but it would be unexpected. I have been really tired this whole week and I have also been getting a lot of minor headaches along with white milky discharge. I am wondering how soon I can take a pregnancy test?

Hi Stephaniejasminee!

A test would certainly be accurate by now - they are highly accurate as soon as you miss a period.

Good luck - let us know the outcome!

Good morning me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex on monday evening (it was my first time) he came 2xs ...prior to that in the morning i was spotting so i assumed i was starting my period but after us having sex i stopped spotting Tuesday i spotted for a hour and i haven't seen any blood since now im really not sure if the spotting i saw early in the morning on monday was the start of my period ,or ovulation spotting or the spotting i saw on tuesday was for my period or my hymen being broken b/c im irregular i have my period every 2 months the last time i saw it was august 3....my friends told me b.c im irregular i wouldnt become pregnant so i dont have to worry .....i dont know what to believe or the steps to take

HERWriter Guide (reply to kiyannac45)

You can still take emergency contraception today - it's about 65% effective on the 4th-5th day. The 5th day is the last day it'll be effective.

We can't say why you were spotting - but if you don't get your period in the next two weeks, take a test.

ok thank you for the advice but is it possible for irregulars to get pregnant? b.c i was a virgin is there a higher chance i will be ? how long does sperm live in side you? basically i'll need to wait two weeks to test so testing next week is to early?
i cant take an emergency contraception he's very Adamant about me not doing any of those methods i tried to get a plan b it was a whole big argument

HERWriter Guide (reply to kiyannac45)

Hi again,

Your boyfriend has no right to decide these matters for you; your body, your choice.

You can get pregnant the first time you have sex and women get irregular cycles get pregnant all the time. Because you can't track your cycle when you're irregular, you are even more at risk for pregnancy.

You do need to wait at least two weeks for a test. Sperm can stay alive in a woman's body for up to 5 days.

You need to insist on a condom every single time you have sex; a man who won't use a condom isn't worth your time.