Pregnant or Not?

By February 8, 2016 - 10:16pm

Hi it has been about two days since I was intimate with my boyfriend. He had shorts on while I had pants and underwear on. We were both fully clothed. He fingered me while I had my pants on and we were on top of each other humping slightly with clothes on. I was wet but I don't know if he was. His genitals and mine did not have skin-to-skin contact though. It has been a day or two and my vagina has this cramp-ish feeling at times. Also, I keep burping and feel kind of bloated and experience slight abdominal pain- those that I feel when I'm on my period, just not as severe. I do have transparent to white discharge but this has been a normal thing for me. I kind of have a backache on the right side near my waistline. My period is due in about 3 weeks time but these symptoms are scaring me. Can I be pregnant? Could you please get back to me on this? I really appreciate it.

After intercourse, with ejaculation, it takes over 5 days to actually get pregnant so your symptoms, if you did do this, couldn't possibly be this early. I suspect your anxiety is creating these symptoms.

But you were not "intimate" (this means intercourse) - you just made out and you had clothes on. It doesn't matter if your boyfriend ejaculated over and over in his pants, or you were wet, you're still not going to get pregnant.

Thank you Susan, I really appreciate your reply. Does this mean that as long as our genitals did not had skin-to-skin contact even though we were both wet, I won't get pregnant? Can sperm travel through clothes? I have this funny feeling in my stomach and a backache near my spine... I always overthink after making out.

HERWriter Guide (reply to anonymous98)

Sperm cannot penetrate clothing, even underwear layers.
It sounds like you're not emotionally ready for sex. Nobody has ever gotten pregnant from making out. I think your anxiety is causing your stomach and backache would have nothing to do with making out.

Just relax - your period will come along when expected and don't engage in this behavior again if it causes such anxiety, it's hardy worth it.