Pregnant or not?

Help I'm not sure if I'm pregnant. I had protected sex 2 days after my period on July 20th. When I realized I missed my period I took a test on August 20th which was negative. However I took this in the afternoon, could this affect the accuracy? Right now I'm getting slight stomach pains and my nipples feel quite sensitive. I'm not sure what these signs mean and no period as yet.

If you had protected sex then pregnancy is very unlikely.

Pregnancy tests used to be most accurate first thing in the morning but that is no longer the case - with advanced technology they are very accurate now any time of the day.

Your period may be late from a hormonal hiccup this month or a change in lifestyle or stress. If you don't get it next month, call your doctor for an evaluation. You may also need a blood pregnancy test. The vast majority of women have successful/accurate outcomes with home tests but some need a blood test.