Previously I have had a very erratic period. From August - December my period stabilized into a 24 day cycle. I was supposed to start my period on 1/18/11. I still haven't started. I have taken 2 pregnancy tests and both came back negative. Any thoughts?

By Anonymous January 24, 2011 - 11:03am

It seems that you may have had a few months of regular periods and are now back with an irregular cycle, unfortunately. You may have to wait another few days or even a week.

If you have taken two pregnancy tests correctly and both are negative, then it's highly unlikely that you're pregnant. Have you been having unprotected sex?

We usually use the 'pull out' method or he will put a condom on at the very end.

Thanks for the update. These methods are from 70-95% effective so you are risking pregnancy far more than other methods (although this method clearly works for some).

Wait it out for another week or so as it appears your regularity may have disappeared for now. If you are worried, place a call to your doctor. Keep us posted!