question about birth control

I've been on birth control for 3 months now. I haven't missed a pill until recently. A few days ago I drank a little too much and was vomiting for a few hours. So I threw up the pill. (Technically missing it) then took it regularly for two days. Then lost it tonight. So I missed two pills in one week. I would just appreciate any information on this situation. How long until I can have sex again? Does this put me at any sort of risk for previous sex before missing the pill twice?

Hi Justinlove13

Thanks for reaching out to EmpowHER with your concerns!

You need to use a condom for the next 7 days.

As to whether there is an additional risk - according to most manufacturers there is some increased risk but it's a small one. You may not have thrown up your pill - did you see the actual pill? If you took it 3+ hours before your threw up, it was likely absorbed.

There isn't anything you can do now. Again, your risk is low but you do need to be more careful about your intake of the pill.