this is random

By January 20, 2011 - 9:30pm

I have very random and stupid question that zero teenagers would ever ask most likely. People were talking today at school about getting meningitis through kissing. It scared me because it can be life threating and me and my boyfriend kiss a lot when we're together so it just scared me.

Hi Laney,
One of the (kissers) would have to have meningitis to spread the virus. Kissing, itself, does not cause meningitis. Does that answer your question?

(reply to Anonymous)

Yes!!! Thank you!

Ok thank you!!! That helped me understand but if neither of us have meningitis can either of us get it??

Hi laney

You can actually get meningitis from kissing someone who has it; here are some articles that will help you to understand the condition: http://www.empowher.com/meningitis/content/meningitis

Thanks for writing!