Re bone cancer symptoms. I have had radiation and chemotherapy recently for breast cancer. Now my left wrist and hand are hurting me when I move wrong. As I am 71 years old, it could be arthritis, but it is persistent for the last three weeks.

By Anonymous April 30, 2012 - 10:21am

Hi Anonymous

Thank you for your post and we're glad you found EmpowHER!

Chemotherapy and bone pain are very much connected and it's a fairly common side effect so rather than any kind of bone cancer (a topic you still should talk to your doctor about) - this may be what's going on. You can read about this issue here: http://www.chemocare.com/managing/bone-pain.asp

and a question similar question to yours was also asked here: http://www.empowher.com/community/ask/bones-ache-after-chemo

Had you been warned that bone pain is common during and after cancer treatments?

Just so that you know, symptoms of bone cancer include:

• Pain at the tumor location
  • Swelling or a lump at the location of the tumor
  • Deep bone pain severe enough to wake you up
  • Bone fractures (rarely)
  • Unexplained weight loss
  • Fatigue
  • Trouble breathing
  • Fever or night sweats

Please talk to your doctor about both topics and while we cannot diagnose anything, I think your bone pain may be a side effect of your chemo. However, it's important to talk to your doctor about any questions you may have about bone cancer.

I hope this has helped and please stay in touch with us!