ask: , recently these symptoms have become exyreme only upon . including hot flashing, palpitations, weakness, a sinking feeling in chest it is severe, subsides in a couple minutes. Anyone else!

This is not related to the amount of times I wake during the night. Could have a good nights sleep or wake up several times, it does not seem to matter. The symptoms are so much more severe than those that I experience routinely, that I am wondering if anyone else only experiences a significant worsening of menopausal symptoms a few minutes after awakening?

I also have a hot flash almost immediately after I wake up. Even if I had just dozed off. I am also averaging about 3 an hour along with being cold in between. So hard to deal with. I have tried all kinds of herbal and natural treatments and have had no relief. I am hopeful I will find some help yet. I will keep posting.

I also feel very hot upon awakening. It goes away in a couple of minutes. Perhaps it has to do with my body being asleep and dormant and then awakening to another mode of being 'awake'. I am 63 and it has only occurred in the last year. Other than that, I have really not had menopause.

I have a sinking feeling in my stomach right before it happens. A feeling of dread and then in about a minute...the hot flash comes. So severe!!! And I could burst into tears and sometimes do. It's horrible! I have them for about 4 months at a time and they happen about every couple hours or so or even more. Then miraculously they disapear for a while but I think it's cuz I ovulate and that releases the hormones back into my body. Have tried natural progesterene cream..made me weepy. I am going back to doc on Thursday...can't deal with it anymore.

I have an increase in hot flashes shortly after waking up. I have hot flash after hot flash for the first hour after waking up. This makes it hard to put on make up before going to work. I of have noticed that my symptoms are worse between the hours of 5 am and 9 am. The anxiety or sinking feeling usually happens at any time during the day or night.

Alison Beaver (reply to kklaurel1123)

Have you tried any treatments for your symptoms?

It is important to talk with your doctor about palpitations and a sinking feeling in your chest, as these are not necessarily menopause-related, and could be indicating other medical conditions. Please call your doctor to have any other factors ruled-out first!

Hot Flashes