Shingles shot

By February 19, 2016 - 7:59am

I just found out you were only supposed to get the shingles shot once. I got one last year and just got another one. My doctor never said anything. Will it hurt you in anyway?

Hello nbigbee,

Welcome to the EmpowHER community . Thank you for reaching out to us with your concern.

Who administered the vaccine? Was it done in your physician's office? Is your physician aware that you have received the vaccine two years in a row?

I consulted an internist who said there should be no consequence or problem resulting from getting the vaccine more than once. But, I suggest you speak with your personal physician.

(reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

I got the prescription from my doctor and got the shot at a drug store. Will consult my doctor. Thank you!

Guide (reply to nbigbee)

Hi nbigbee,

Considering you got the prescription from your doctor, there should have been a note in your chart that you received the vaccination last year.

Shingles Guide