Small amount of light brown vaginal discharge

I discovered a light brown coloured discharge in my underwear after I had experienced a little pain in my vagina (like a sharp pain that comes and goes). The pain has stopped but I am confused to what the discharge is. I'm not due on my period however it may be close to ovulation for me. What could this be? Thank you in advance!

Welcome to EmpowHER. Thank you for coming to us with your concern.

How old are you? Has this ever happened before? Have you ever been diagnosed with a gyn issue like fibroids, endometriosis or polys?

The light brown colored vaginal discharge indicates old blood. Why is this happening? I don't know and suggest you contact your gynecologist.