Sore breasts then nothing. Is this normal?

I usually have sore breasts before my period and it goes away once my period comes. However, last week I had sore breasts for 7 days and it's back to normal again today but I don't have my period yet. Is this normal? Is it normal to experience sore breasts then nothing then nothing without your period? I have irregular menstruation cycle. What are the possible reasons for this if this isn't normal. Thanks!

Every months is different for women, even if they normally follow the same path. 

Sometimes PMS symptoms like breast pain end for several days before the start of the period so I suspect your period will along soon.

If not then it's due to your irregular cycle - breast pain is due to hormonal surges. 

If you aren't planning a pregnancy soon, the birth control pregnancy can help with irregularity very well. 

Thank you, Susan! Although I'm not planning to get pregnant anytime soon, is it also a possible reason for this? Or no? But I don't feel anything else, just this. I'm also working in a highly stressful environment so is this also a factor?

Stress can be a factor - a strong one. 

If you have been having unprotected sex, then yes, you should be testing for pregnancy.