Sore nipples - taking a break from pill

By Anonymous February 9, 2015 - 4:31pm

Hello all,
the past few days I've been feeling very hard, sore & an uncomfortable sensation in both nipples. I was poking around to see if it was my whole breast when I brushed off my nipple and the pain is unbelievable. It's just the nipple area. I have been on Zoely (a 28 day pill cyvle) for almost a year and decided to take a month off. Since then (One and a half weeks ago) I haven't had my period - which doesn't worry me as I've gone 3 months before on this pill without having one. Dutch intercourse the other day I noticed I was bleeding but only inside, there was blood on the condom, it never came out like a period. Do you think the nipple pain/ no period/ bleeding is connected to taking a break from the pill?
I am 26 & have no children.

Thanks for your post. 

Nipple pain can be hormonal so there may be some connection there.  In fact, breast pain in general can happen after going off the pill due to the body starting to make estrogen by itself again. 

Bleeding during sex can be a result of lack of lubrication but spotting is also common when coming off birth control pills.  

I would give your body another couple of weeks to adjust to make sure this discomfort is pill related.  If the pain continues, check with your doctor. 

Breast Pain

Breast Pain Guide