Spondylolisthesis and anteriolisthesis

I had a spinal fusion done March 2005 from Spondylolisthesis fusion was from L4 - S1 region for the last year I been getting numbness down legs pain in legs, feet tingling , numbness at surgery site. I can't sit, walk, stand, reach, strech or bend. The say I now have Spondylolisthesis and anteriolisthesis at L5 - S1 region but no surgery option as the grafts look good just one of the screws was losening. The grade is 2/5 is there anything I can do to improve this as I have been off work and might not be able to return to work ever again. My surgeon said everything looked fine with the grafts at the time but said 2 months from now could be another story.

Hi Anonymous

Thank you for your post and I am so sorry you are dealing with so much back pain and lack of mobility.

Generally, the treatment for Anterolisthesis is more surgery. Is this something your surgeon has talked to you about? Are you in physical therapy? PT and the use of a back brace might be helpful.

Check out our Spondylolisthesis page by clicking on the name. Steroid injections may also be an option.

Also - check into long term disability for your options. I'm sure that is the last thing you want and it should be, but if you cannot walk, sit or stand you need to look into this to protect yourself financially. Can you do this?

Spondylolysis Guide