Spotting and late period after morning after pill?

By Anonymous April 16, 2013 - 5:45am

I had unprotected sex on the last day of my period and took a morning after pill a few hours later as precaution. On the expected day of ovulation (based on my mobile period tracker) I had sex but with a condom. We checked and there was no break. I'm supposed to have me period 2 days ago but it didn't come. Instead I started spotting today. This is my first time spotting and I did not spot previous times I took the morning after pill. Should I be worried about pregnancy?

Your risk is low, since you took the morning after pill. It actually sounds like your period is starting and was a little late. Plan B can cause the menstrual cycle that month to be delayed.

Take a pregnancy test if you want reassurance but it does sound like your period is on it's way! If it doesn't come; definitely take a test.