spotting for over 2 months

I was prescribed seasonique birth control. During the first package it worked perfectly fine, however during the second I was diagnosed with mono and unable to continue taking the birth control due to nausea. When I was able to take it again, I started where I left off and continued, when I got my period about a month later it would not go away and I am still experiencing light to moderate bleeding two months later. I talked to my doctor and she thought it was just my body getting used to the birth control again, but I am still bleeding 4 weeks later, could it be something else?

I think you're doctor's right - your body is getting used to being back on the Pill again. You should have started a new pack, rather than starting where you left off - this may have caused the spotting too. 

I know it's really annoying but give yourself another month to see if your cycle settles down.