Started period a week late. Could I still be pregnant?

I took Plan B four hours after the condom broke on December 18th, a day after my period finished. I didn't have my next expected period, January 8th, until exactly a week later, January 15th. Could I still be pregnant?

Hello, and thank you for sharing you question.

Whenever you take en emergency contraceptive a common side affect is irregular bleeding after you take it.  This is to be expected.  Since you had you period, you are not pregnant.  It is late because of taking Plan B.

If you are still worried however, you can always take a pregnancy test.

I would also like to add that I bled a week later after taking Plan B for a few days, but it wasn't my period. I looked it up; it had something to do with Plan B. And I was spotting a day before my expected period date.