Sunscreen does not prevent skin cancer?

A new study is stating that sunscreen does not prevent skin cancer? What other things can I do to protect myself?

Hi John

I'd like to know what study you read - can you post it for us?

I think this may be a semantical argument.  While no sunscreen maker can say their products prevent cancer (can you imagine the lawsuits?), they most certainly do help to prevent them and dramatically reduce the risk by preventing burns and blocking out cancer-causing UV rays. 

Always use sunscreen! 

Other ways are to wear light cotton clothing to cover your body and choose clothes and swimsuits that can block out UV rays. 

Wearing a hat can protect your head, shoulders and face. 

Stay out of direct sunlight. 

Do outdoor activities in the early morning or the evening, when the sun's rays are less strong. 

Read more about sunscreen in my recent article here:  recently wrote an article sunscreen here: 

Has this helped you, John?

Skin Cancer

Skin Cancer Guide