Tanning and Pityriasis Rosea

After reading everyone's super helpful advice on here.. I decided that I would opt to try going into a tanning booth. I went in for only 6 minutes.. and later that evening I was having SEVERE itching, to the point where I was sobbing in discomfort. I ended up finding a doctor who prescribed me some topical steroids and hydro-cortisone as well as a strong allergy pill (one that i happened to take back when I got a bought of weird hives for 9 months haha). These medications have REALLY helped. I am just wondering though, if anyone else who tried tanning had this issue with it?

You may have gotten burned by that 6 minutes - tanning beds are very intense so that amount of time could cause this effect. 

You may also be photosensitive. 

Be careful with tanning beds - I am sure you know they are not safe but I also know that some doctors do recommend them for skin conditions or even depression.

I hope you hear back from other women who are going through the same thing! 

Pityriasis Rosea