I am soon to have a TVT operation and I am very worried about having this operation,
could you put my mind at rest.

Hi Anonymous

Thanks for your post and welcome to EmpowHER!

By TVT, I assume you mean you are having a urethral sling fitted, for an problem with incontinence?
TVT is generally a very safe procedure (but remember that all surgeries have risks) and the success rate is good but not perfect - up to 90% are completely continent again, up to 8% have minimal incontinence and the failure rate is about 2%. TVTs begin to work immediately and recovery is generally comfortable.

You can read an excellent article on this very topic here on EmpowHER, called Urethral Slings: What Are The Risks, Benefits and Recovery?
By Matthew Karlovsky M.D. right here:

Tell me what you think and I wish you a full recovery!

Urinary Incontinence