Vaginal Injury Second Time Having Sex Complications

I had sex for the second time in December. During that sexual experience I began to bleed heavily to the point where I felt faint and began to sweat. I pushed out a huge blood clot and then began to bleed lightly. Went to a planned parenthood and they tested me for STDS thinkin that may be the cause but it was not. Since that time I have been experiencing breast pain, lower back pain, vaginal pain on the left side, and my menstrual cycle have changed from being 5 days heavy flow to 3 days with light-moderate flow. I went back to planned parenthood and they told me I need a coloposcopy. However I would like to know what are the complications of having a vaginal injury untreated? Also do lesions in the vagina heal by themselves and could my symptoms be a product of the healing process?

Hi Anonymous

Your situation seems quite serious. It's is in no way medically normal to have that kind of reaction to sex.

What kind of exam did PP do on you? The reason a coloposcopy is done is to diagnose a condition or disease - mainly the HPV virus. Did they give you a pap test?

With regard to your question regarding leaving a vaginal injury untreated to heal alone:

- If you do have a vaginal injury, you need treatment. And you also need to find out how this injury occurred.
-You may not have a vaginal injury. You may have a cervical, fallopian or uterine injury that needs immediate attention.

Leaving any kind of injury untreated is very dangerous. It can lead to a further infection or rapid spread of whatever problem is going on in that area of the body. The body does a good job of healing minor injuries but something like your issue may need medical attention.

Your symptoms are not likely to be a sign of self healing - they are more likely to be a sign of your condition becoming worse.

I have a question for you - when you had sex, did you use objects or some kind of force during sex? Something that could injure you like this?

Did you use protection when you had sex?

I would suggest you get a full and complete check up immediately. Your condition may be something that a course of antibiotics can clear up in a week or two. But your symptoms may also be indicative of something more serious. Please don't wait any long and please get yourself medical help straight away.

Is this possible for you?