Viral Pharyngitis

Viral Pharyngitis Guide

ask: What is adult viral syndrome?

I have been sick off and on for four weeks...the ER just diagnosed adult viral syndrome...what in the world is it. All they really relayed was rest, liquids, and more liquids. All the test were administer..blood work, chest xray, hydration..I am confused.

Anonymous

hi im alona and i have a sore throat and i keep getting sharp pains in my stomach and 've been like this since yesterday and i dont know what is wrong with me and im nervous about going to the doctor what do you think is wrong with me?

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Hi Alona!

Thanks for writing!

Your symptoms could really be indicative of so many things that it's hard to say. You may have a virus, a throat infection or have eaten something that doesn't agree with you. If you don't feel better in the next couple of days, it's advisable to see a doctor.

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry you've been sick for so long.

Adult Viral Syndrome is a virus that attacks the body, including the respiratory system that I think you have?A virus can be picked up from another person, an object etc.

It could also be an attack on another system like the digestive system but that doesn't sound like this is the case with you.

It's kind of like a really bad flu that affects everything from your lungs, to your ears, nose and throat and can cause muscle aches, fatigue and a general, strong feeling of being unwell.

If you are not affected too badly, then what your doctors recommended is normal - lots of rest, sleep, liquids and healthy food. A bit like what you're told with the flu.

Here is a little more from the University of Minnesota: http://www.uofmmedicalcenter.org/HealthLibrary/Article/116697EN

I hope you recover quickly!

~Susan