ask: What could change menstrual flow from heavy to light, mid-period?

I normally have a heavy period, that lasts for about 6 days. I am on the 3rd day right now, and my flow suddenly went very light (it was heavy for the past two days, like normal). I'm 18 and have had my period since I was 10 and it's been regular and very predictable for the past year or so. What could cause the sudden change? I did get the TDAP (tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis) vaccine yesterday, that's the one thing I can think of that has been different with me lately, other than maybe stress from school... could either of those cause such a dramatic change?

Anonymous

Hi
I'm 24 and my periods are always regular like clock work . I had my last real period on December 31 2015 that lasted 5 days and was very normal. I only spotted for 3 days only when I wipe started February 4 -7 and now its March 14th 2015 and nothing I took about 6 test the last one i took was on the 4th of March and they all were negative so I don't think I'm pregnant. So is there something else that could be wrong?

How is it dt u have seen ur period December 31 2015 when we are still in June 23 2015?

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Since you're usually like clockwork, it's worth talking to the doctor about this - you may have a hormonal imbalance. 

Anonymous

Hi there. I'm 21 years old and I've had my period since I was 13. I've always had a very heavy flow that lasts for a long time - sometimes I get really awful cramps, but sometimes I don't.
However, my last period and the period I'm currently going through were both extremely light, and only lasted for a couple days. Is there a reason for this? Should I be worried?

Anonymous

Okay I've had my period since I was 12, I am now 15.
My period is heavy and I don't like it it takes away to much for me. I can't have a normal night out with my girls. And I feel discusted because its so heavy. i do wear tampons but I can barely have a tampon in for an hour before I have to change it again because it bleed through, what can I do to get my period to where its lighter ?,

Anonymous

I got my period like 6 months ago and have not really had a period every month but just started to get my period monthly this month I had a 27 days between my two periods and I have not had to change a pad during school or during the day at all I have not even come close to bleeding through pads and do not use tampons regularily unless i have to Is my period normal and will all my periods be this way

Anonymous

It can take a couple of years for a menstrual cycle to become regular and very light periods are common in the beginning. You have nothing to worry about.

Anonymous

I have alway have a normal peroid that last for five days.I have a baby n it was still normal.until it came back heaver,the past month it starts to come lighter than even that I can only wear a panty liner.I'm wondering what's wrong

Anonymous

I always had a heavy period full 7 days sometimes even 9 or 10.I never had cravings.I lost a lot of weight the past year it was still normal until this month I got a light one and it lasted only 5 days.im worried.
Btw I'm 13 I got my period when I was 10

How much money annually do you spend on health and wellness products?: