Q: 

What could change menstrual flow from heavy to light, mid-period?

By October 13, 2009 - 8:53pm

I normally have a heavy period, that lasts for about 6 days. I am on the 3rd day right now, and my flow suddenly went very light (it was heavy for the past two days, like normal). I'm 18 and have had my period since I was 10 and it's been regular and very predictable for the past year or so. What could cause the sudden change? I did get the TDAP (tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis) vaccine yesterday, that's the one thing I can think of that has been different with me lately, other than maybe stress from school... could either of those cause such a dramatic change?

Anonymous

I'm very heavy on my first day then it goes to almost nothing on the rest of the days what would cause this? I'm 14 and have had my period for about a year and it's been fairly regular.

Anonymous

HI I’m 18 here’s my issue the last time I remembered I had my period June 10-15 but I did Norns have no period for July. I started having light/ brownish bleeding on the 15 of August been doing for 3 days now but it’s off and on It will show then go away . But I’m having negative pregnancy test. Can someone help

Anonymous

I'm 20 and I'm always having it for a span more than two weeks. The first seven days is very heavy. And sometimes I have mild-severe dizziness, and memory lapse.

Anonymous

I would recommend getting checked. I'm 36 with 5 kids and with my 3 kid I had my period for the first 2 months. When I found out that I was pregnant I was 14 wks pregnant. So in my experience you can get your period while your pregnant. I honestly never thought you could.

Hi! So I was confused about this.
My period ended between March 11-13, I'm not sure so I just put between. So, march 14, my bf and I messed around. He just rubbed his to mine in my vaginal opening. No penetration because I'm virgin. There was also no ejaculation. But he is not sure about pre cum, but he said that he urinate before we did it. We did it about 2 times. Apr 3, I got my period the first one was so brown, it lasted for 7 days. SO my period lasted for about apr 9. On apr 29, I was shocked because I got my period early, there was no cramping so I'm not aware that my period was coming, but on the past weeks, my boobs got bigger, it has stretchmarks, it was red. and there's also veins that is visible. it's color green. Btw, my blood was bright red, and also it has clots On apr 30 (2nd day) I went to swim, but just a few minutes because I''m worry about my mens. And I drank lots of sodas, about 10 small cups. So on the evening, it lessen. TOday, may 1 (3rd day) it was lighter, i think I dont have period or just being paranoid :'( Am I pregnant? please help me. I took a pregnancy test between ap 21-23 , it was negative.

Anonymous

Hello! I'm 19 and I've been on birth control for about 2.5 years now and usually I start every Tuesday morning of my placebo pills, but this Tuesday morning it came later in the day and much lighter than my usual period(usually heavy heavy) just worried about pregnancy! Bc I'm so use to it being so normal all these years and now it's different!

Anonymous

Hi,
I m 26 (married). I usually have a periods for 5days, 2 days heavy n 3 days light. But this month it last only for 3 days hardly in which 2 days the flow was heavy n 1 day it was light, I want to know is it OK? Or there could be any issue. As it happened 1st time with me so I am worried.

Anonymous

Hi! I'm 14 years old with my 3rd time of having my period altogether. The 1st and 2nd time of my period was as usual normal and was fine. This third time is extremely light and barely anything at all on the 2nd day. Please help me as I don't understand what I should do.

hi this is my first time talking about this. recently i had sex with my boyfriend on the 14th. it wasnt protected but he didnt come inside. on my period calendar before, it said that my ovulation was on the 13th but now its saying its on the 14th. not only that, i have started on what i think is my period on the 28th. it started out heavy for the past two days, with blood clots, but on the third day (today the 30th) my period is very light. this concerns me as i do not want to be pregnant. im not sure if it is just me overthinking things but i have noticed that my breasts have been tender and i have been sick a lot these past couple of days. although this might be due to stress - which i am because i dont want to be pregnant.

i havent taken a pregnancy test and i havent gone to the doctors since i am trying to keep this a secret from my parents.

i have been reading about implantation bleeding and how it starts the same time as my period but only lasts two-three days. but it says that its light and shouldnt contain blood clots, but there is still a chance.

i need help as i am only 15 years old, i still have my whole life ahead of me.

Anonymous (reply to sgfuet)

So are you pregnant now?