What could this pain in my back be?

By July 7, 2014 - 7:25am

I have constant/chronic severe pain in my back. I've seen several doctors and they've all told me they can't find anything wrong with me. Xrays, CT scans and MRIs apparently show nothing. But my back always hurts, morning til night. I can't remember a day it didn't hurt in years. What should I do? I simply can't figure out where my back pain is coming from.

Hi Michael

I also have chronic and very painful lower back problems. There does not seem to be any firm reason why this is happening and I am 7 years into the back pain. My lower back pain is now in the middle section too. 

For me, it's back to the drawing board again - I see a spine specialist later this month. 

You're posture could be a culprit here. What kind of work do you do? If you're at a desk all day, you may have lower back damage. There are lots of exercises you can do. Read here: 

Do you workout? Have a personal trainer watch your work out to see if anything you are doing could negatively affect your back - especially with weights. 

Have you tried physical therapy? I have done this for months and it does help. It can give your permanent results, especially if you continue with the exercises at home. 

Something else to try is a chiropractor and/or acupuncturist. 

Another thing that did actually work for me (and I need to make time for it!) is walking. It was the one time my pain stopped. I took a brisk walk - a few miles a day - nearly every day and it did really help. 

Do this help you, Michael?