ask: What do I do about a darkened pubic area?

By vslv92

I have been shaving my pubic area for almost 2 years now and I'm just noticing that my pubic area seems dark. I use an electric razor and sometimes I get razor bumps or it gets itchy. I've used petroleum jelly a couple times and hydrocortozone once to prevent bumps/itch. Since I've only done it a couple of times I don't think that's the cause, but is there anything I can do to make it brighter?

DaisyN Guide

Hi vslv92,

Welcome to EmpowHER.  Darkened skin color in the armpits or vaginal area, can be from aging, pregnancy or insulin resistance like people that have diabetes or many other conditions.  It's best to have it examined by a doctor.  Especially a specialist, such as an OBGYN.  

Daisy 

Do you think sex gets better as you age? :